Production - Quality Inspector
- As a member of the production team, the Inspector will be responsible for inspecting, testing, and sorting assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications.
- Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment and grow our “Safety First Culture”.
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Read data, manuals, or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, or measuring instruments required.
- Record inspection or test data and quantities inspected or graded.
- Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
- Write test or inspection reports describing results, recommendations, or needed repairs.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Execute and document quality inspections per SOP.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform related duties as required or assigned by supervision.
Skills and Knowledge
- Fundamental knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality control preferred.
- Ability to work well autonomously as well as within a team environment while achieving a common goal.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with good attention to detail and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects/tasks.
- Must have and be able to display analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions in order to correct quality issues.
- Use of simple hand tools (i.e. staple pullers, mallets, scissors, ect.).
Education and Experience
- Highschool or equivalent (Preferred).
- Upholstery: 1 year (Preferred).
- Manufacturing: 2 year (Preferred).
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Performing duties outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs and is required.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- The noise level that is typical for this work environment can be loud.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- May involve some repetitive motions.
- Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to perform duties of the position.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Maintain the production pace of the other team members.
- Will engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of furniture.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by team members assigned to this classification. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by team members assigned to this classification.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
As a potential Woodhaven team member, you will share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You will be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You will have an opportunity to work for a company that prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Woodhaven is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class.
Woodhaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family WV
- Job Function Woodhaven
- Pay Type Hourly
- Woodhaven Bedding Fairburn, 5003 Terminus Dr, Fairburn , Georgia, United States of America