Cut & Sew Production Manager
As a member of the production team, the Production Manager is responsible for leading and developing Woodhaven team members with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching. This individual is accountable for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality and performance. The person in this role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success.
- Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment and grow our “Safety First Culture”.
- Lead, guide and direct hourly associates to meet or exceed operational goals, as well as monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling, and development; and use Key Performance Indicators to make ongoing improvements and enhancements.
- Accountable for maintaining integrity for on-time shipments, people utilization, damages; provide periodic reports to multiple tiers within the organization, ensuring accurate communication.
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed.
- Developing performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy, quality and customer expectations are met.
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly, monthly, and peak season labor schedules.
- Overseeing production processes, resource requirements and quality improvements.
- Foster and develop a trained and motivated staff along with a positive work environment.
- Performs other assignments as required or assigned by supervision.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible, adaptable, able to resolve conflict.
- Lean Manufacturing.
- Organization and Efficiency.
- Knowledge of SOP.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software.
- Time management skill.
- Knowledge of all jobs in the department.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (Required).
- Manufacturing: 5+ years (Preferred).
- Management: 5+ years (Preferred).
- Upholstery: 5+ years (Preferred).
- Leadership: 2 years (Preferred).
- ERP: 2+ years (Preferred).
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Performing duties outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs and is required.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- The noise level that is typical for this work environment can be loud.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- May involve some repetitive motions.
- Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to perform duties of the position.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Maintain the production pace of the other team members.
- Will engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of furniture.
- Production Supervisor
- Team Lead
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by team member assigned to this classification. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by team member assigned to this classification.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
As a potential Woodhaven team member, you will share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You will be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You will have an opportunity to work for a company that prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Woodhaven is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class.
Woodhaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family WV
- Job Function Woodhaven
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Equipment Order
- WH Upholstery - Coolidge Plants, 23400 Us Hwy 319N Po Box 460, Coolidge, Georgia, United States of America