W6100 - Packager
As a member of the production team, the Packager is required to finish product to specification and maximize productivity of an upholstery line. This normally includes the wrapping, labeling and transfer of goods for shipment.
- Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment and grow our “Safety First Culture”.
- Packaging finished products for storage and shipment.
- Select and maintain a supply of all packaging materials needed for warehouse activities.
- Maintain a working set of tools required to package finished products.
- Read and adhere to standard and special packaging specifications.
- Safe and proper operation of manual, semi-automatic and automatic packaging equipment.
- Ensure that all products are assembled to the highest standard of quality.
- Associated tasks may include sorting, stacking, counting, weighing, preparing and moving materials.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform related duties as required or assigned by supervision.
Skills and Knowledge
- Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions.
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization.
- Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Perform basic visual quality inspections on products.
Education and Experience
- Highschool or equivalent (Preferred).
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Performing duties outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs and is required.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- The noise level that is typical for this work environment can be loud.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- May involve some repetitive motions.
- Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to perform duties of the position.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Maintain the production pace of the other team members.
- Will engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of furniture.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by team member assigned to this classification. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by team member assigned to this classification.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
As a potential Woodhaven team member, you will share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You will be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You will have an opportunity to work for a company that prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Woodhaven is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class.
Woodhaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family WV
- Job Function Woodhaven
- Pay Type Hourly
- Woodhaven Bedding Camp Hill, 3 Bishop Place, Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States of America