Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Product Manager – Presence Products
The Product Manager for Presence Products oversees multiple aspects of the Presence Product line, including Chat and Premium Listings.
This position is a rare career opportunity to develop a deep understanding of our products, customers, and organization, and help create innovative stakeholder experiences that help Sales manage thousands of local businesses worldwide with our products.
This includes driving the product vision, crafting requirements, managing development for front and back end applications, GTM efforts, as well as tracking reporting and analytics for product and feature optimization.
• Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Sales, Service, Operations, and other various internal stakeholders to shape requirements and roadmaps for the Presence Product line.
• Work with cross functional teams to gather requirements and manage development of onboarding/provisioning toolsets, including vendor integrations.
• Understand the Presence Product market and competitive landscape, and work to implement feature enhancements across product lines.
• Manage Vendors and partners, including vendor integrations, working with Engineering, and other groups throughout the organization.
• Work with Operations and Services to develop and track product success metrics.
• Gather requirements, translate them into product specifications, features, and designs, and launch new product initiatives to improve products and feature-sets.
• Create and manage user stories for engineering team within an Agile environment.
• Maintain a strong focus on implementing user experience (UX) best practices to create systems and interfaces that save time and create delight with the end-user.
• Continuously analyze metrics to understand performance impacts and processes, making changes as necessary to deliver the maximum benefit to the stakeholders.
• Ensure products/features are created to specifications delivered on schedule.
• Manage other product management tasks as assigned
• 4-6 years of direct product management experience working within Agile product development teams.
• 2-3 years of direct experience in Digital Presence Products, including but not limited to Chat, Premium Listings, SEO, and Social Media.
• Comfortable with both the front end (web/mobile) and back end aspects of gathering product requirements.
• Experience in developing toolsets and applications, including APIs, and product integration.
• Experience with Agile methodologies and Jira including creating user stories for engineering teams.
• Experience with product design, user experience design, and modern UI design a plus.
• Customer-centric focused, and experience in working in a highly matrixed organization.
• Experience with monitoring tools and analytics products a big plus.
• Ability to use data-driven and methodical approaches to decision making.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA a plus.
• Strong communication skills to listen, engage, and present to numerous stakeholders including Sales, Service, and Product Development teams
• Expert capabilities in MSFT Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Product Management
- Job Function Product
- Pay Type Salary
- Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA