Client Marketing Strategist
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Client Marketing Strategist - Job Description
The Client Marketing Strategist (Sales Engineer) is a client-facing role that is responsible for the management of integrated marketing solutions, media planning, digital and mobile solutions, research, analysis, ad concepts, creative solutions and strategy based on market specific industry and core customer information for specified geographical or segment-based clients. The Client Marketing Strategist takes the gathered information in combination with audience-based selling principles and applies it to recommendations for clients in the form of data, ad design, digital and creative solutions and sales presentations to grow and/or maintain existing revenue and drive measurable results. Working together with advertising sales executives, the Client Marketing Strategist builds integrated marketing client solutions proposals that drive best-in-class results while achieving annual segment, market share and incremental revenue growth targets. This role will work as a subject matter expert for their designated industry/segment, providing thought leadership and solution innovation to their sales partners and clients based on that knowledge.
- Collaborate with advertising sales and insights to understand client business needs, utilize research and data to create compelling recommendations and aid in the development of creative execution of marketing campaigns.
- Perform in-depth analysis of data to identify opportunities to increase market share and incorporate knowledge of client’s market and Gannett suite of products, especially digital, mobile and DMS solutions.
- Prepare and lead client presentations and/or proposals to include research and analysis data as needed, providing tactical guidance to achieve marketing objectives with needs-based solutions.
- Develop insight-based sales enablement materials to be shared as best practices throughout the organization.
- Utilize local and national research tools and programs to compile and analyze data.
- Develop and present information, research, ad concepts or other elements to clients.
- Work in tandem with account executives to help build a continuous pipeline of sales prospects and building strategies to maximize revenue potential within designated segment for local markets.
- Foster and grow relationships with key assigned advertising clients.
- Produce creative briefs and work with creative teams on message development.
Desired Characteristics and Experience
The ideal Client Marketing Strategist will be a creative, yet pragmatic executive who will support the company’s efforts to drive transformation in the face of intensifying competitive pressure and rapidly changing media consumption patterns. You should possess a high digital marketing acumen and be able to thrive in a matrix organization, balance competing priorities while maintaining a tight focus on achieving target objectives. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated responsibility and accountability for delivering significant revenue in a competitive business-to-business environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business or related field. Note: A comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent.
- 5+ years of strategic marketing, media planning, digital marketing, market research and/or sales management experience.
- Strategic capabilities, technical marketing, digital marketing, media planning & research skills, interpersonal collaboration skills, and solid sales management understanding.
- Highly proficient in digital media & digital marketing solutions and how advertisers can utilize digital marketing to drive results for their businesses.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Solid background in market research and application.
- Considered a thought-leader in digital/social media marketing and stays current on digital marketing trends.
- Ability to pull and analyze research and develop effective marketing presentations with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Fully understands audience based selling principles including how to apply audience analysis and knowledge in conjunction with research data for creative execution and overall strategy.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Client Strategy
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Salary