Audience Development Director
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Audience Development Director
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a focused, experienced, data-driven professional to join us as a full-time Audience Development Director.
Our mission is to help people make smart decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own.
You’ll fulfill that mission by introducing Reviewed to new audiences and building loyalty with current audiences. You’ll be the chief interpreter of analytics, working closely with the business intelligence team to turn data into actionable recommendations for the newsroom.
You’ll optimize existing content distribution strategies and forge new ones, working alongside the editorial, business development, and product leadership to drive qualified audiences that maximize commerce content revenue.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of all audience channels, including SEO, newsletters, and social media.
This position is within the editorial team, which holds itself to the highest journalistic and ethical standards. The ideal candidate can thrive in an editorial environment while maintaining a passionate focus on performance, especially commerce content and loyalty metrics.
The Audience Development Director oversees the teams responsible for social media and newsletters and reports to the Editor in Chief.
The role is based in our main office in Cambridge, MA. Remote employees may be considered, but our preference is for candidates in the greater Boston area.
- Grow our overall audience and foster a community of loyal readers.
- Develop and implement Reviewed’s content distribution strategy across the USA TODAY Network other partner platforms.
- Interpret data from the business intelligence team to create meaningful, actionable recommendations for the newsroom.
- In partnership with executive leadership, help develop and implement the overall content strategy.
- With the newsletter manager, develop and implement a growth-oriented approach to newsletters that drives revenue.
- With the social media manager, oversee a social media strategy that showcases our brand and drives meaningful reader engagement.
- Develop and implement a new audience segmentation strategy.
- Work with the business development team to provide promotion and social media coordination for business partners.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years managing audience-related efforts in a media organization.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Deep understanding of best practices inside a mass media newsroom.
- Deep understanding of how to engage consumers with social media to drive engagement and brand loyalty.
- People management experience.
- Fluency in Google Analytics, Parse.ly, or SEMRush is a plus.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
Most work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! As a part of Reviewed, you’ll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 133 million monthly unique visitors.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Audience Analytics
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA
- Massachusetts, USA