Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Courier & Press in Evansville, Indiana, and The Gleaner in Henderson, Kentucky -- part of the USA TODAY Network -- are looking for a dynamic Content Manager who has a passion for helping reporters develop their journalism skills, particularly government accountability and storytelling. The ideal candidate will coach reporters from idea to execution on enterprise while also knowing when and how to react to breaking news with urgency.
Candidates must have reporting or editing experience and digital acumen. Good line-editing ability is critical. The content coach will oversee The Gleaner, a six-day paper, and the Union County Advocate, a weekly, as well as several Evansville reporters. He/she/they will answer to the news director and fill in for her in her absence.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to edit and lead top-notch watchdog journalism
• Ability to use metrics to guide coverage
• Effective communicator who's able to work collaboratively with diverse personalities
• Ability to multitask and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment
• Thorough grasp of grammar and AP style
• Exceptional command of media law and ethics
- Job Family Content Management
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Evansville, IN, USA
- Henderson, KY 42420, USA
- Indiana, USA
- Kentucky, USA