Human Resources Benefits Administrator
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Benefits Team of Gannett’s People Resources Division designs, implements and manages programs critical to the health and wellbeing of the Company’s most critical resource, our employees. We currently have an opportunity for a Benefits Administrator that offers exposure to a wide range of programs in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a self-starter who can manage day-to-day responsibilities and tasks. This position will have a strong focus on health and welfare programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides key support with Corporate offerings such as, but not limited to, leave of absence processing, vendor invoicing, communications, voluntary benefits and other health & welfare projects, as assigned
- Manage day-to-day leave of absence processing for weekly and bi-weekly payrolls (track and record FMLA events, update HRIS System, confirm disability calculations, etc.)
- Process vendor invoices and employee benefit-related payroll adjustments
- Assist with administering the Company's wellness programs
- Responsible for updating the benefits page on the company intranet
- Assist and contribute to all aspects of Open Enrollment – preparation, system testing, vendor management, communications, education, presentations and execution of project deliverables
- Research and assist employees with basic benefit questions related to claims, eligibility, coverage, etc.
- Distribute materials for Open Enrollment, compliance requirements, etc.
- Work with vendors to provide required data reporting and employee census reports
- Responsible for maintaining benefit related contracts and documentation
- Audit transfer of data and make corrections as necessary, troubleshoot day-to-day issue and own long-term resolution
- Keeps abreast and informed on the details of all benefit choices and options offered to employees
- Effectively communicates with employees, managers, supervisors, legal and HR relating to benefit inquiries
- Bachelor’s degree and approximately 2-4 years of experience in Benefits
- Technically savvy and up to date with the use of current Microsoft Office tools, with a primary focus on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Proactive team player
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines
- Ability to work well with various groups and individuals across the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Job Family Total Rewards
- Job Function People Resources
- Pay Type Hourly
- Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA
- Boston, MA, USA
- Florida, USA
- Fort Myers, FL, USA
- Manhattan, New York, NY, USA
- McLean, VA, USA
- Memphis, TN, USA
- Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- Rochester, NY, USA
- Springfield, MO, USA
- Tucson, AZ, USA